Third Party Billing Information

Obligations – Third party sponsors

  • The sponsoring agency must obtain a UVic Third Party Billing Authorization and complete the pertinent information including student information, terms or year under which the sponsor agrees to pay fees on behalf of a student, dollar amount and type of charges that may be billed.  Return the completed Third Party Billing Authorization form to Tuition Fees.

- By email:

- By fax: 250-721-6221

- By mail: Tuition Fees
               University of Victoria
               PO Box 3040 STN CSC
               Victoria BC V8W 3N7

  • When a third party has agreed to pay fees on behalf of a student, payment will be recorded on the fee account thereby reducing the balance the student must pay.
  • Third party sponsors are assigned a vendor number, which should be included with all payments and correspondence with the university.  Invoices will be mailed directly to the sponsoring agency.
  • All billings will be in Canadian funds ($CDN).  Payments must be made within 30 days of billing.  Payments can be made in the form of a cheque or by wire transfer.  Payments received in $US funds will be converted at the rate in effect on the day of receipt.  If payment is not received, a notice of non-payment will be sent to the student and a hold placed on his or her record that prevents transcript release and registration.  After 90 days of non-payment, the contract may be cancelled at the university's discretion and the student will be billed for any unpaid amounts.  If at any time, the third party agency notifies the university that they will not pay any portion of a bill, the student will be charged and a hold placed immediately on the student's record.
  • If course adjustments result in a sponsor having overpaid the student's account, then the sponsor may request a refund from Tuition Fees.