Annual Online Privacy Training
UVic's Annual Online Training Program
As part of the university's on-going commitment to increase privacy, records management and information security awareness, all staff with access to personal information through systems such as Banner and FAST are expected to complete online privacy, records management and information security training on an annual basis.
The training is in two phases:
- Phase 1: Basic privacy training module
- Phase 2: Subject specific training modules:
- Privacy breaches
- Records Retention
- Managing Email
- Information Security classification
This online training includes multimedia material. Text transcripts are provided for all audio content.
It is estimated that it should take 30-60 minutes to complete the course.
HOW DO I ACCESS THE COURSE?
The training is available through CourseSpaces. You must have a Netlink ID and password to be able to sign in.
- Go the Annual Online Privacy Training Course site in CourseSpaces (Sign in using your netlink ID if prompted)
- Join the course by clicking the "enrol me" button.
For Technical Assistance, please contact the University Systems Help Desk at email@example.com or 250-721-7687.