Personal Information Protection Assessment
A campus-wide personal information protection assessment is being initiated as part of the university’s continuing commitment to privacy, as well as effective management of confidential and highly confidential personal information within the university.
UVic is committed to protecting privacy and managing personal information in a lawful manner
Based on the fact that we have to access, report and mitigate personal information risks, we must:
- determine where confidential and highly confidential personal information is;
- assess both paper and electronic personal information risks;
- mitigate those risks by following best practices for information security.
WHAT DOES THIS INVOLVE?
Performing an assessment of personal information data practices in your area on:
- information that is confidential and highly confidential.
In order to:
- ensure best practices for securing personal information data are followed.
- securely and properly dispose of personal information data that is no longer required.
HOW DO I ACCESS THE SURVEY?
The assessment will be in two stages:
Step 1: All units to complete a short online survey
To start this survey, please click on the following link: SHORT ONLINE SURVEY
Step 2: Units identified as collecting, using or retaining highly confidential personal information and/or a large volume of confidential personal information to complete a supplemental online survey (not all units will need to complete Stage 2)
To start this survey, please click on the following link: LONG ONLINE SURVEY