University Systems help centre
View permissions for users and SharePoint groups
Any user with the Manage Permissions permission on a particular securable object, such as a list, library, folder within a list or library, document, or list item can manage permissions on that particular securable object. By default, Site Owners have the Manage Permissions permission. Any user with the Full Control permission level on a particular securable object can also manage permissions on that securable object.
View permissions for users and groups associated with a list or library
- Open the list or library in which you want to view users and SharePoint groups.
- On the Settings menu, click Document Library Settings or List Settings.
- On the Customize page, under Permissions and Management, click Permissions for this document library or Permissions for this list.
- The permissions for that list or library will be displayed.
View permissions for users and groups associated with a folder, document, or list item
- Open the list or library that contains the folders, documents, or list item for which you want to view users and SharePoint groups.
- Move the mouse pointer so that it hovers on the folder, document, or list item. Click the arrow that appears and select Manage Permissions from the drop-down list.
- The permissions for that item will be displayed.
A document of all tutorials associated with SharePoint permissions and security is available as a downloadable pdf.