University Systems help centre
Add an event to your SharePoint calendar
This tutorial is also available as a downloadable pdf, which contains additional information.
- Navigate to the calendar. (If the name of your calendar does not appear in the Quick Launch, click View All Site Content then click on the calendar.)
- In the New menu, click New Item.
- To make the item an all-day event (so that it doesn't appear at a specific time slot on a calendar), select the Make this an all-day activity... checkbox in the All Day Event section.
- To make the event repeat (for example, every Wednesday at 11 a.m.), select the Make this a repeating event checkbox in the Recurrence section.
- Enter any other information that you desire, then click OK.
You can create a Meeting Workspace site (a website based on the Meeting Workspace template that is used for planning, posting, and collaborating on meeting materials) when you create an event.
- Access a SharePoint site
- Add an event to your SharePoint calendar
- Add a user to your SharePoint site
- Apply site themes in SharePoint
- Assign user permissions in SharePoint
- Break permission inheritance on a list or library
- Change the icon beside your SharePoint site title
- Connect your document library to Windows Explorer
- Create a new SharePoint calendar
- Create a new SharePoint group and assign permissions
- Create series items in a SharePoint meeting space
- Customize the default SharePoint calendar
- Customize the Quick Launch menu
- Customize the top link bar
- Edit permission assignments on permission levels
- Hierarchy and inheritance
- Inherit permissions for an item
- Introduction to SharePoint
- Manage permissions and security in SharePoint
- Open and edit a file in SharePoint
- Open a SharePoint calendar with Outlook
- Permission levels and types in SharePoint
- Recover deleted items
- Remove user permissions
- SharePoint list views
- SharePoint training sessions
- Show or hide tree view
- Using the Content Editor Web Part in SharePoint
- Versioning in SharePoint
- View permissions for users and SharePoint groups
- Working with SharePoint Calendars