University Systems help centre
Add an event to your SharePoint calendar
This tutorial is also available as a downloadable pdf, which contains additional information.
- Navigate to the calendar. (If the name of your calendar does not appear in the Quick Launch, click View All Site Content then click on the calendar.)
- In the New menu, click New Item.
- To make the item an all-day event (so that it doesn't appear at a specific time slot on a calendar), select the Make this an all-day activity... checkbox in the All Day Event section.
- To make the event repeat (for example, every Wednesday at 11 a.m.), select the Make this a repeating event checkbox in the Recurrence section.
- Enter any other information that you desire, then click OK.
You can create a Meeting Workspace site (a website based on the Meeting Workspace template that is used for planning, posting, and collaborating on meeting materials) when you create an event.