University Systems help centre
PGP-supported versions of OS X: Mac
We have experienced some compatibility and updating issues with PGP and OS X; known issues will be listed on this page. Before updating your OS or installing updates, please refer to this page for possible issues.
|Current version of PGP: 10.2 maintenance pack 3|
|Current supported version of OS X: 10.7.4|
||Updating notes and issues
|10.8||NO||If you are using PGP do NOT upgrade to OS X 10.8.|
|10.7.2||YES||If you have PGP installed, you can NOT upgrade to 10.7.3 or 10.7.4. Ensure that you upgrade your OS before installing PGP.|
- PGP is not compatible with FileVault.
- Exercise caution when installing EFI updates. When Software Update prompts you for updates, check to see if any EFI updates are listed and contact the Computer Help Desk prior to installing EFI updates.
If you are running 10.7.2 with PGP and would like to upgrade to 10.7.3 or 10.7.4, please contact your Desktop Support Analyst or the Computer Help Desk prior to upgrading.
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 250-721-7687
- In person: Clearihue A004
We can also assist with any other difficulties you are having with PGP.
- Change your PGP Whole Disk Encryption passphrase: Mac
- Encrypt a portable device with PGP: Windows
- PGP-supported versions of OS X: Mac
- Shredding a document permanently using PGP: Mac
- Shredding a document permanently using PGP: Windows
- Shredding a document permanently using Secure Empty Trash: Mac
- Using a PGP Portable device: Mac
- Using a PGP Portable device: Windows