University Systems service catalogue
Online collaboration (SharePoint)
SharePoint is an industry leading suite of collaboration and communication tools that are designed to enhance information sharing and gathering by all groups and teams within UVic's dynamic community. SharePoint provides online portals for on-campus groups that can be customized to contain document libraries, meeting spaces, blogs, wikis, knowledge bases, test tracking, and more. Accounts are authorized using Active Directory, so users must login with their UVic credentials. Access to SharePoint sites are controlled by site administrators.
Who can use this service?
How do I request or access this service?
You may request a SharePoint site by completing the SharePoint site request form.
To access SharePoint, please visit share.uvic.ca.
What is the cost for this service?
This service is provided free of charge.
When is this service available?
This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. You can be informed of service interruptions by subscribing to Informed.
How do I get help with this service?
For all other inquiries, please contact the Computer Help Desk for help with this service:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 250-721-7687
- In Person: Clearihue A004 or McPherson Library
- Access a SharePoint site
- Add an event to your SharePoint calendar
- Add a user to your SharePoint site
- Apply site themes in SharePoint
- Assign user permissions in SharePoint
- Break permission inheritance on a list or library
- Change the icon beside your SharePoint site title
- Connect your document library to Windows Explorer
- Create a new SharePoint calendar
- Create a new SharePoint group and assign permissions
- Create series items in a SharePoint meeting space
- Customize the default SharePoint calendar
- Customize the Quick Launch menu
- Customize the top link bar
- Edit permission assignments on permission levels
- Hierarchy and inheritance
- Inherit permissions for an item
- Introduction to SharePoint
- Manage permissions and security in SharePoint
- Open and edit a file in SharePoint
- Open a SharePoint calendar with Outlook
- Permission levels and types in SharePoint
- Recover deleted items
- Remove user permissions
- SharePoint list views
- SharePoint training sessions
- Show or hide tree view
- Using the Content Editor Web Part in SharePoint
- Versioning in SharePoint
- View permissions for users and SharePoint groups
- Working with SharePoint Calendars