University Systems service catalogue
Connect online collaboration (SharePoint)
Connect is an online collaboration and communication platform that is designed to facilitate internal information creation and sharing by departments and teams within the university community.
Connect enables you to:
- provide a document repository that can be easily accessed from your web browser, with optional versioning and approval control
- provide a meeting space to distribute agendas and archive minutes
- collaborate on documents without the need to email copies back and forth
- maintain a knowledge base or wiki
- create custom lists to track tasks, issues, etc.
- control access to your content to ensure privacy and security
- reduce the amount of printing
- easily find important information with a powerful search tool
- sign up for email alerts when information changes
Who can use this service?
- Research groups
How do I request or access this service?
To request a new Connect site complete the Connect site request form.
If you have an existing site on you may request to have your site moved in an onboarding project. If you would like to initiate a project to create or onboard a share.uvic.ca site to Connect, begin the process by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your department has Desktop Support Services, contact your departmental personnel.
What is the cost for this service?
This service is provided free of charge.
When is this service available?
Connect is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. You can be informed of service interruptions by subscribing to Informed.
How do I get help with this service?
Contact the Computer Help Desk:
If your department has Desktop Support Services, contact your departmental personnel.
Additional help is available in the Connect Training Centre and the following hands-on training opportunities:
Classroom training - Regularly scheduled classroom based training.
Classroom drop-in sessions - Weekely sessions offering individual assistance on your site, no registration required.
Self-help materials – Training videos and documents for self-directed problem solving in Connect Help and Governance.