The University of Victoria and the Faculty of Social Sciences offer various types of support for carrying out research-related activities.

Undergraduate and Graduate Students

If you seeking funding to carry out research and need help preparing and submitting a grant application, please contact your academic unit's undergraduate/graduate advisor and or supervisor for assistance.

For additional assistance, you are also welcome to contact the in the Dean's Office.

Faculty members and Postdoctoral fellows

If you seeking funding to carry out your research, please contact the in the Dean's Office for assistance with:

  • Identifying appropriate sources of research funding
  • Preparing and submitting grant applications
  • Getting feedback on draft applications
  • Securing the Dean's approval of your research prior to applying for funding
  • Any questions related to the above!

If you are intersted in applying to the Canada Foundation for Innovation, BC Knowledge Development Fund program, Canada Research Chairs program, and/or Western Economic Diversification Canada, please contact in Institutional Programs. (University-level approval is required before applying to any of these funding programs.)

For contracts or contribution agreements, please contact UVic Contracts & Agreements for assistance with the development, review, negotiation, and finalization of a wide range of funded and non0funded research agreements.

Once a grant or contract has been awarded, the Office of Research Services can provide additional services related to managing your research funding. Please contact .