Find help

If you have been sexually assaulted

If you or others are in immediate danger or fear for your safety, call 911.

Go to a safe space

Find a safe space; this may be the home or room of a friend, or any place where you feel physically and emotionally safe. Talk with someone you trust such as a friend or family member.


The university is committed to supporting all members of the university community who experience or are impacted by sexualized violence, regardless of who they are or where and when the incident occurred.

Disclosure means telling someone about an instance of sexualized violence (regardless of when the incident(s) occurred). Survivors and those impacted by sexualized violence may disclose their experiences to any member of the university community that they feel comfortable doing so with. Individuals may disclose for a variety of reasons, including to access support or to determine whether or not they wish to report an incident to the university for potential investigation. A disclosure does not initiate an investigation by the university unless a report is made.

Individuals who receive a disclosure are encouraged to contact the Equity and Human Rights Office for advice and information on personal supports.

Reporting an incident and accessing support

If you experience or witness sexualized violence of any kind, there are a number of ways to report the incident and access support. People respond to sexualized violence in different ways; through the various resources on and off campus you can reach out in whatever way you feel most comfortable. The university has a Sexualized Violence Prevention and Response policy and is committed to supporting all survivors and those impacted by sexualized violence while instituting fair response processes. 

On campus

Off campus