All students, staff and faculty are expected to keep the safety of themselves and others in mind when undertaking laboratory or other activities. This includes preventatively seeking out information, training and advice and reporting safety concerns and incidents.
In the event of an emergency, seek assistance by calling UVic Security at 250-721-7599 or police, fire and ambulance at 9-1-1.
- Everyone has a responsibility for the safety of themselves and others.
- You are expected to report safety concerns or incidents.
- Occupation Health Safety and Environment (OHSE) provides many safety resources and training.
- Review the resources and educate yourself about common hazards, ranging from general building concerns, to laboratory activities and issues of personal safety.
- The University has a number of committees that review and make recommendations on safety policies and procedures.