Information for current graduate students

The sections below will help you apply for funding opportunities, get a research agreement signed, apply for regulatory approval for your project, and learn more about research at UVic (awards and honours, policies and procedures).

How do I...?

Apply for regulatory approval (human ethics, animal care ethics, etc.)

  • You'll need regulatory approval if your research involves human subjects, animals, or if you'll be using research materials that require biosafety, radiation safety or hazardous materials registration.
  • You must have approvals in place before funds are released and your research begins.
  • Find forms for each regulatory approval on the forms and guidelines page.

Questions? Please contact the  or the .

Apply for funding opportunities (internal and external grants, agreements, etc.)

Explore awards and honours (Craigdarroch awards, deadlines, etc.)

See the awards and honours page for information on external awards and honours.

Learn about policies and procedures (policies, policies reviews, etc.)

Get a contract signed

Find and use forms and guidelines

See the forms and guidelines page.

See the Co-op and Career site for more on co-op for grad students.

Office of the Vice-President Research
Telephone: 250-472-5416
Fax: 250-472-5477

Office of Research Services
Telephone: 250-472-4362
Fax: 250-721-8960

Research Communications
Telephone: 250-721-7636
Fax: 250-721-8555

See full contact details.