Sending and receiving documents during the rotating Canada Post strike

Rotating strikes of the Canadian Union of Postal Workers are now underway. The Office of the Registrar has put in place measures to ensure that we can send and receive student documents through alternate means.

Please find the appropriate contact information for your individual circumstances below.
For transcript orders, you can still order your UVic transcript for pickup or to be sent via courier.  Please consider selecting courier service for your transcript request should you need it urgently.

If you need to send your transcript to another post-secondary institution, you can also check to see if the institution will accept your official transcript by email. If you would like your transcript emailed, please place your order as usual and then immediately send an email to including your full name, V#, and the email address to which you would like your transcript sent.

Please note that if you request email service, we will still send a copy of your Official Transcript via Canada Post. 

We are only able to email transcripts to recognized post-secondary institutions. Please note that this service will only be offered for the duration of the Canada Post strike or lockout.

Contact Information

Graduate Admissions and Records -
Student Awards and Financial Aid -
Student Support Services -
Undergraduate Admissions – Please contact your admission assistant
Undergraduate Records -
If you’re not sure who to contact, please email and you will be assisted or referred as appropriate.