Academic advice

General Academic Advice

We are here to help you plan your degree at the University of Victoria.

The Academic Advising Centre for the Faculties of Humanities, Science, and Social Sciences [] helps you to select courses and plan your program. Their advisors also offer advice on transfer credit and graduation requirements.

Got a minute to check your CAPP report? We’re in the library right where you study!

You can check your degree audit (CAPP) report with Academic Advising staff during: CAPPY hours []. Here, you can you can sign up for a same-day appointment to check whether you are on track to finish your program.

Specific Advice about Departments or Courses

If you need specific advice about departmental courses or programs, every department has an undergraduate advisor who holds office hours throughout the year, including during summer months. These departmental advisors are happy to respond to phone calls or emails—or to meet with you in person.

To meet with a department advisor, follow the contact information on the website of the [department or program]-link to new page on depts. and programs - that interests you.

Advice for Students with Disabilities

We welcome students with disabilities to our community. For information on academic accommodation, please contact the Resource Centre for Students with a Disability []. Their trained staff will help you to plan for success in your degree.