Program list & descriptions
Philosophy ( Masters )
This program has particular strengths in aesthetics, applied ethics, ethics, epistemology, feminist philosophy, history of philosophy, metaphilosophy, political philosophy, philosophy of religion, philosophy of science, philosophy of mind, and philosophy of language.
|BA||B+ on final two years of undergraduate degree|
Applicants must also meet the general admission requirements for the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
|Entry point||Domestic students||International students|
|September||February 1||February 1|
EXAMS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Letter of support
- Statement of intent
- Sample of written work
- For details, please consult the Philosophy website
|Graduate Secretary/Reception||Jindra Belanger||250-721-7047||COR B228email@example.com|
|Department Secretary||Cathy Rzeplinski||250-721-7046||COR B228firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chair||Ann Stahl||250-721-7057||COR B246bemail@example.com|
|Registration/ Co-Undergraduate Advisor||Becky Wigen||250-721-7053||COR B219firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Undergraduate Advisor||Helen Kurki||250-721-7045||COR B211aemail@example.com|
|Honours Advisor||Daromir Rudnyckyj||250-721-6273||COR B208firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Graduate Advisor||Yin-Man Lam||250-721-7051||COR B209email@example.com|
What is co-op?
Co-operative education (co-op) is a learning strategy that lets you:
- alternate your academic studies with paid, relevant work experience in your field of study
- enrich your academic studies by drawing on practical, real-world experience from your work terms
- develop competencies to excel in the workplace
- potentially pursue work terms related to your graduate research or project
Can you do co-op?
Graduate co-op may be available to students who are pursuing thesis and non-thesis (or professional) degrees. Participation is optional, and admission is determined after consultation with your graduate adviser and department. Contact the co-op program in your degree area for details, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Co-op is not open to one-year graduate degrees, graduate certificates and diplomas, and non-degree graduate students.
What other career development support does UVic offer?
UVic Co-op and Career can support you through every stage of your career development, through:
- One-on-one career guidance
- Career development programs and workshops
- On-campus networking opportunities with employers
- Online work search resources
- Competency development and assessment
Looking for work?
Apply for all types of job opportunities at learninginmotion.uvic.ca.