Exam timetables list the location and time for each course during the exam period. Each term has its own exam timetable that is generated about two months before the exam period - this is where you can check the exam times for your course!
Things to remember:
- travel plans should be made after the final exam timetable has been posted - the preliminary schedule may change
- instructors are responsible for informing students of any changes made after the final timetable has been posted (view full exam policy)
- only courses that have exams scheduled by the Office of the Registrar in the official exam period (after classes end, but before end of term) are shown
- all students require a current University of Victoria identification card (ONECard). The card must be presented upon request as proof of identity at University functions and activities, including but not limited to, examinations, instruction, and campus security Photo ID cards can be obtained at the ONECard office in the University Centre Lobby
Exam period for Winter Session Second Term:
- Friday, April 7 to Tuesday, April 25, 2017 (excluding Sundays and Easter Weekend April 14, 15, 16 and 17).
- Building codes and locations
- GYM - McKinnon gymnasium
Exam period for Term 1 of the Summer Session:
- Tuesday, August 8 to Friday, August 18, 2017
Examinations for all other summer session courses held in terms 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 are held in class on the day noted on the course syllabus. Final examination dates for these terms are not listed on this website.
In the event that a final exam from term 1 conflicts with a regularly scheduled class time (term 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7), students must contact the department and /or the instructor(s) as soon as possible to make alternate arrangements for the final exam (Term 1).
Final exam timetables:
- The final exam timetable will be released by mid June.
- The deferred and supplemental exam timetable will be released by the end of the third week in June.
For courses that finish in April, deferred and supplemental final examinations may be scheduled either by the department or by the Office of the Registrar. Deferred and supplemental final examinations scheduled by the Office of the Registrar are normally held the last three (3) working days of July.
The Office of the Registrar will send an email regarding deferred and supplemental examinations, with a link to the Application to Write Undergraduate Deferred and/or Supplemental Examinations. Students must complete the online application and pay the necessary fees by the second week of June. Please note that the Peter B. Gustavson School of Business will schedule deferred and supplemental examinations for their own students.
- Deferred final examinations organized through the Office of the Registrar may be written at the University as well as at various centres inside and outside British Columbia (locations are normally restricted to universities or colleges). The fee for each off-campus deferred exam is $60.00. There is no fee for deferred exams written on-campus.
- The fee for each on-campus supplemental exam is $50.00 and $60.00 for exams written off-campus.
- All exams will be written in HHB 105 unless otherwise indicated.
- Supplemental and deferred examination information may be found in the Academic Calendar.