Sign in to UVic
By signing in you will be authorized to access your applications and web sites that use the Sign in Service. Use is subject to but not limited to the policies and guidelines listed below in Policies and guidelines.
Upon sign in you will be redirected to http://www.uvic.ca/research/conduct/about/orsdir/index.php
Protect your NetLink ID
About your NetLink ID
Your NetLink ID is your online identification at the University of Victoria that can be used to access computing services and applications.
For security reasons, please sign out and exit your web browser when you are done accessing services that require authentication.
Remember to Sign out!
It is your responsibility to protect your account by ensuring you are Signed out before leaving your computer.
Signing into UVic allows you the convenience of only needing to enter your username and password once. It is important for you to remember the following to prevent others from accessing your account and services:
- Click the "Sign out of UVic" link from the UVic bar at the top of the page indicating your name and status.
- Navigating away from a UVic web site will not automatically sign you out of UVic.
- Never share your password with anyone for any reason.
- Ensure you have a strong password that is hard for others to guess.
- Change your password immediately if you feel your account has been compromised at https://www.uvic.ca/accounts/manage/index.
- Sign in/out attempts are logged for monitoring, operational and troubleshooting purposes.
- Only use the "Keep me signed in for 8 hours" and "Remember my NetLink ID" on secure computers where you have sole access and in a secure location. Do not use in a computer lab, an Internet cafe, or on a shared account on a home computer.
By taking these steps, you will help protect your privacy and the security of information important to you and to UVic.
For further details please refer to the University of Victoria's Information Security Policy - IM7800
By Signing in you will be authorized to access your applications and websites that use the Sign in to UVic service. Use is subject to but not limited to the following policies and guidelines:
- Acceptable Use of Electronic Information Resources Policy
- Records Management Policy - Fair Dealing Guidelines
- Information Security Policy
For further information, see the listing of University Policies.