Tuition Fees location:
Tuition Fees hours:
What will tuition cost?
How can I pay my fees?
UVic does not accept payment by credit card for acceptance deposits or tuition fees
From a Canadian financial institution:
Follow the instructions from your financial institution's online bill payment service for setting up a payee and sending a payment. Ensure the payee is set as “University of Victoria Tuition” and the account number is set as your student number (e.g. V00XXXXXX). e-Transfer® (INTERAC e-Transfer) payments via email notification are not accepted by the University. To pay fees electronically, use your financial institution’s online bill payment services.
Please allow at least 1-2 business days for the payment to be processed into your tuition account. Students can check to see if payment has been processed by logging into MyPage
Cash or Interac/debit card payments can be made in person at the tuition fees counter in the University Centre (room A115). Cashier hours are 10:00a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
If paying by cheque, ensure that your student number is on the front of the cheque. Cheques can be dropped in the cheque slot located to the left of the cashier desk with no waiting.
- You may encounter long line-ups if paying by cash or debit card close to the payment deadline.
- All debit cards have daily purchase limits; ensure that your limit is high enough to cover your tuition.
Payment can be submitted by mail with a cheque, money order or bank draft to:
University of Victoria
PO Box 3040, STN CSC
Victoria, BC V8W 3N7
- Ensure that your student number is on the front of the cheque, money order or bank draft and that your payment is made out to “University of Victoria”.
- Note: It can take up to 10 business days for payment by mail to be received and processed. Ensure that sufficient time is allowed if you choose to send your payment by mail.
|Only the following banks participate in this payment method|
- Access http://www.uvic.ca/vpfo/accounting/resources/pay/tuition/index.php to make your payment.
Allow at least 1-2 business days for the payment to be processed into your tuition account. Students can check to see if payment has been processed by logging into MyPage.
If you are making your payment from a bank account outside of Canada and you are not able to use the Western Union GlobalPay for Students option, you may send your payment to the University of Victoria via international wire transfer.
Wire transfer instructions:
- Provide the University of Victoria bank information to your bank:
Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
1079 Douglas St
- Ensure that your bank uses your student ID number and name in the reference field for the wire transfer.
- Send a scanned copy of your payment receipt to email@example.com to ensure that we are made aware of your payment. Failure to do so will mean it will take longer for your tuition payment to be identified. You are responsible for ensuring that the payment arrives before the payment deadline.
- If we receive your payment after the deadline, you will be responsible for paying a 1.5% service charge on the overdue balance.
Routing banks often take a $25 wire transfer fee from your payment, so the amount the University of Victoria receive is less than what you pay. In order to avoid your payment being short you should include $25 extra in wire transfer payment amount. However, DO NOT SEND more than this extra $25 in your wire transfer. Any overpayments will be credited to future tuition and will not be refunded to the student.
If you are calculating currency exchange rates be sure to use the sell exchange rate.
UVic has partnered with Western Union Business Solutions to provide international students with a fast and affordable way to make payments from outside of Canada. The Western Union GlobalPay for Students service allows you to arrange payments in your own currency and since exchange rates are secured in advance and funds are transferred locally, you don’t have to worry about currency fluctuations or international wire fees.
- You make payment in the currency of your choice. This amount is then converted to Canadian dollars.
- The exchange rate quote is locked in for your payment for 72 hours after the quote is obtained.
- The exchange rate is competitive when compared to your financial institution’s retail rates, and bank service fees may be reduced since the wire transfer that you initiate is a local transfer.
- There are NO transaction charges from Western Union or UVic, though you may be charged a transaction fee by your bank.
To make a payment using Western Union GlobalPay for Students:
- Access the Western Union GlobalPay for Students system using your UVic student number and preferred contact email address.
- For ’1-Tuition Fees’ enter the amount owing on your tuition account summary.
- Select your local currency. The amount owing in your local currency will be automatically calculated.
- Select who is making the payment from the ‘Who is Paying’ drop-down list and complete the required payment details fields. If the payer is different from the student, you can enter payer details here.
- Confirm your quote by agreeing to the total cost in your home currency and agree to the conditions.
- Payment instructions will be sent to the email address provided. Print the payment instructions, take them to your bank and follow the instructions to transfer the required amount to Western Union Business Solutions. Note: the payment must be completed within 72 hours. If the 72 hour period has elapsed and you have not made the payment at your bank, go back to the Western Union GlobalPay for Students site to obtain a new quote. The expiry date is noted on the payment instructions page
For students paying from India and Korea:
- Simply follow the steps above. Your payment instructions will direct you to make your payment through a specific bank in your home country.
For students paying from China:
- There are three different options to make a payment to Western Union Business Solutions (click here for more details on these options). Simply follow the steps above and choose your payment option when selecting your local currency on the GlobalPay for Students website.
Once funds have been transferred to Western Union, they will be credited to your UVic account in Canadian dollars. No fees will be charged by UVic or Western Union Business Solutions when using this service, though your bank may charge a fee to make the local currency transfer. However, DO NOT SEND more than the tuition you are charged. Any overpayments will be credited to future tuition and will not be refunded to the student.
*See the GlobalPay for Students FAQ page for answers to some common questions.*
|Tuition fees inquiries||from students||250-721-7032|
|Toll free inquiries||from students||1-800-663-5260|
|Fee enquiries||Kate Hawkins||250-721-7032|
|Sponsor billings||Lisa Adamschek||250-721-8824|
Mailing address:University of Victoria
PO Box 3040 STN CSC
Victoria, BC V8W 3N7 Canada
Courier address:University of Victoria
3800 Finnerty Road
Victoria, BC V8P 5C2 Canada