Frequently asked questions
Look at your account online at: Sign in to UVic
- Sign in to UVic with your Netlink ID.
- Go to 'online tools', under "Student Services" click on "tuition account summary".
Students are strongly encouraged to use online banking as the most convenient and efficient way to pay their acceptance deposit
- See payment methods accepted
How can I pay my tuition fees? (Please note UVic does not accept any credit cards for payment of tuition fees)
Students are strongly encouraged to use online banking as the most convenient and efficient way to pay their tuition feesSee payment methods accepted
- 1st term (September-December) fees are due September 30th. A 1.5% service charge annualized at 19.56% will be added if the account is not paid on or by the due date
- 2nd term (January-April) fees are due January 31st. The monthly service charge is applicable as above.
- Summer term (May-August) fees are due May 31st. The monthly service charge is applicable as above.
- You can pay your full year with one payment in September.
- Failure to pay full 1st term fees by October 31st or 2nd term fees by February 28th can result in cancellation of course registrations.
Bring your passport to the Tuition Fees office in the University Centre as soon as possible. It will reduce your 1st term fees. If you wait until late in the month you will encounter long line-ups.
No. Your registration has to be validated on the back of the voucher by the Registrar's Office (Records). It is your responsibility to submit this to the Ministry of Education (the address is on the back of the voucher) who will send you the money directly.
- Yes, awards from UVic are automatically put into your student account towards your tuition fees on the first day of classes.
- Only a small number of graduate awards are credited to tuition accounts. Please refer to your notice of award for particulars regarding the method of payment.
Students with existing coverage may choose to opt-out of the extended health and/or dental plan(s) by the opt out deadlines noted below. Your tuition fee account will be credited by the amount of the health/dental plan when your opt out is approved by the Students’ Society.
- Undergraduate students online opt out link - http://uvss.ca/sub-services/services/health-dental-plan/. Opt out by September 22nd (or January 22 if you begin taking courses in January). The UVSS contact number is 250-721-8355.
- Graduate students online opt out link - http://uvicgss.radarwebsites.com/health-dental. Opt out by September 30 (or by January 31 if you begin taking coures in January). The GSS contact number is 250-721-8816.
- T2202a for tax purposes are issued in February and are available online through the student services tab at www.uvic.ca.
Please be aware that there are deadlines for fee reductions for dropped courses. Check the fees section of the calendar for specific drop dates.