The Learning and Teaching Centre provided me with an excellent and dynamic full-week seminar in which I was exposed to several examples of teaching styles, syllabi construction, media resources for the classroom, and evaluation techniques.
– Mauricio Garcia-Barrera
UVic is committed to student success through the provision of engaging classroom settings that encourage creative problem solving and research-inspired learning.
Support for the development of inspired teaching is available through the progressive initiatives of the Learning and Teaching Centre. Visit in person or online to find out more about:
- workshops and conferences on topics such as teaching techniques, technology in the classroom, graduate student supervision, syllabus construction and grading student performance
- course design assistance
- year-round access to one-on-one consultations
- orientation to the essentials for career success at UVic
- summer teaching institutes
- support for developing your teaching dossier for annual merit reviews, tenure and promotion
- resources such as Universal Instructional Design, a guidebook to designing courses that meet the needs of all students seamlessly, including those with disabilities or other unique needs
Teaching resources are also available through the library.