Support for your students
UVic promotes and supports a student-success oriented culture amongst faculty and departments/schools. Extensive resources are available across campus to ensure that students establish and achieve their educational goals.
- Your Guide to Supporting Student Success at UVic - From the Learning and Teaching Centre
- Instructor's Guide to Working with TAs - From the Learning and Teaching Centre
- How to Create Conditions for Student Success - From the adviser to the provost on equity and diversity
- Who are our students and what are their expectations? - From Student Affairs
Student academic success resources
- The Math and Stats Assistance Centre and the Writing Centre provide free services to assist students in improving math and writing skills. As part of the larger Learning and Teaching Centre, the tutors and staff at these two locations are trained to help students develop their own competencies.
- Study skills: ED-D101 enhances study skills by encouraging students to examine their own learning and experiment with new strategies for success. The 1.5 unit course emphasizes applied assignments that help students to master reading, note taking, studying, time management, and assignment work, in their current undergraduate courses.
- The professor study tips database contains learning tips from UVic professors about how to be more successful in their courses.
- The Office of Indigenous Affairs
- Comprehensive student resources list
The Division of Student Affairs provides a wide variety of supports for all aspects of student success at UVic. From Athletics and Recreation to Counselling, Health, and the Centre for Students with a Disability, the range of services available is extensive. Please visit Student Affairs for a comprehensive listing.