++ Faculty Study Leave application forms for the 2017/18 academic year will be available mid-August 2016 ++
Librarian Study Leave
The deadline for submitting your completed study leave application to the University Librarian is 6 months prior to the requested start date of the leave.
Some key things to be aware of:
- The provisions governing study leaves can be found in Part 4, Section 46 of the Collective Agreement.
- You will be informed by the University Librarian as to whether your application has been approved within one month of submitting your application. (section 44.6)
- When the study leave is deferred at the University’s request, the period of deferral counts as eligible service toward a future study leave. The approval of this study leave will be valid so long as the University continues to defer the leave. (section 44.23)
- If the deferral is made at the request of the librarian, any service credit they accrue due to the deferral falls under the provisions of section 44.13.
- Approval of the study leave deferred at the librarian's request is valid for two years. After that time, a new application must be submitted.
- Carry-forward of service credit (section 44.13)
- Where a librarian is granted study leave and the number of years of eligible service prior to the leave exceeds the required period of service, they may apply the unused years, to a 2-year maximum, to the next study leave.
If you attach supporting documentation to your application, please be sure to check-off the box in the relevant section, so that those assessing the application are aware it is there.
Don't forget to keep a copy of your completed application for your own records.