UVic Distinguished Professors
The title University of Victoria Distinguished Professor is the highest academic honour that we can bestow on a faculty member.
It is awarded to those who have achieved great distinction in the areas of both teaching and scholarly research, and who have made a substantial contribution to the university and wider communities. The title is awarded to those whose scholarly work is of exceptionally high international calibre and whose teaching and student supervision is outstanding as judged by peers and students.
UVic is proud to award this designation to the following outstanding faculty members:
- Dr. A.R. (Elango) Elangovan, PB Gustavson School of Business
- Dr. Arif Babul, Science
- Ms. Lorna Crozier, Fine Arts
- Prof. Gerry Ferguson, Law
- Dr. Harald Krebs, School of Music
- Dr. Jim McDavid, Human and Social Development
- Dr. Angus McLaren, Humanities
- Dr. John Oleson, Humanities
- Dr. Craig Pinder, Business
- Dr. Ray Siemens, Humanities
- Dr. Nancy Turner, Social Sciences
- Dr. Jim Tully, Social Sciences
- Dr. Larry Yore, Education
Distinguished Women Scholars Lecture Series
The Distinguished Women Scholars Lecture Series was established by the Vice-President Academic and Provost to highlight and honour outstanding research achievements by women scholars. Lectures are free and open to the public.