Leadership training and professional development
VPAC training and professional development resources
VPAC offers a wide range of professional development workshops and services to support academic leadership.
- Go to the leadership library for interesting articles on academic leadership.
- Review our workshop schedule to learn about upcoming professional development opportunities
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a workshop for your unit on a variety of equity and diversity issues.
Cost-shared external leadership training program
Would you like to pursue management and leadership training through off-campus programs, to supplement the workshops and seminars offered for academic leaders on campus? A variety of external programs have been identified that offer intensive and highly specialized curricula and an opportunity to make useful contacts with those in similar positions in other institutions.
A limited number of subsidies are provided by VPAC each year for academic administrators who wish to attend such programs.
How to apply: VPAC will put out a call for interested applicants in the late fall. A memo will be sent in advance explaining the application process in detail. (Please note that external registration/application deadlines for some summer courses may occur before this. Please begin to look into opportunities that might be of interest to you as soon as possible.)
For further information, please contact Grace Wong Sneddon at email@example.com.
Human Resources at UVic
UVic's HR Department offers learning and development programs and resources for chairs/directors and deans. Check their calendar for upcoming programs.
- Organizational development tool kit for leaders
- Team building
- Human Resources learning and development calendar
- Leader coaching services for human resource issues