The chair/director has the duty to act as chair of the department's appointments committee(s), exercising leadership in the recruitment of the department's faculty members. They oversee the appointments processes to promote sound hiring practices, including providing appropriate advice to the dean on hiring decisions.
The Faculty Recruitment Handbook and Framework Agreement (Article 2.11) are the primary references for academic units that are recruiting and hiring faculty members. Additionally, the following guides have been developed to assist you with specific processes related to recruitment.
- Recruitment quick reference – have you submitted the right forms?
- How to complete preferential hiring
- How to support immigration
- How to complete PNP forms
- How to support dual-career couple employment for units
- Dual career couple employment assistance: Guidelines for deans, chairs, directors, and the university librarian
- How to apply for a home relocation and purchase loan
- Opportunities for faculty and librarians – UVic's relocation site