Benefits and support programsUVic provides a variety of benefits and support programs to regular faculty and librarians to promote a healthy work-life balance.
- The Quick Reference Guide to Benefits and Programs for Regular Faculty and Librarians provides a brief description of programs and benefits that are available across campus for faculty and librarians.
- The Regular Faculty and Librarian Benefit Handbook provides detailed information on benefits and programs administered through Human Resources including:
- health plans
- dental plans
- pension plans
- life insurance
- sick leaves
- long term disability
- early retirement
- maternity, parental and adoption
- Additional information on benefits can be found in the Collective Agreement.
- Consult the faculty and librarian leaves page for details on study, sick, administrative, and maternity, parental, and adoption leaves.
Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
The Employee and Family Assistance Program is an employer paid benefit for eligible UVic faculty, staff, and dependents. EFAP is a confidential program that includes professional counseling, information and referral services. For further details, please contact the Benefits Office in Human Resources, or link directly to PPC Canada, the service provider for UVic's EFAP program.