Welcome to the Office of the Vice-President Academic and Provost (VPAC)
VPAC is committed to:
- fostering an environment of academic excellence and innovation
- ensuring outstanding experiences for students
- integrating teaching, learning, research and civic engagement across the disciplines
- advancing inspired teaching in our classrooms
- championing equity and diversity excellence across campus
- recruiting faculty of the highest national and international standards
- supporting rewarding career development for faculty, librarians and academic leaders
How can we help you?
VPAC is the primary contact for faculty and librarian relations matters at UVic. This is the place to find resource documents such as the Framework Agreement, forms, and how to... guides on topics such as recruitment, study leave, and accommodating medical leave.
Our comprehensive faculty and librarian guide will help you to navigate your career at UVic, from day one through to retirement.
Our academic administrators guide focuses on the roles of deans, chairs, directors, associate deans and the university librarian.
As well as offering helpful information and links corresponding to your key areas of responsibility, this guide also links to step-by-step instructions for VPAC procedures, a great leadership library, and a calendar of academic deadlines and academic leadership events hosted by VPAC throughout the year.
Our office is responsible for ensuring that all current and future UVic programs are of the highest quality: student centered, informed by research, evolving, and experiential.