CourseSpacesCourseSpaces is a flexible online learning and teaching tool at UVic. Technology Integrated Learning and University Systems provide technical and pedagogical support for CourseSpaces including help via telephone, email, and face-to-face consultations and workshops. We are continuously improving the online learning experience and we welcome your feedback.
CourseSpaces is UVic's learning management system (LMS), a place for students, instructors, and staff to build learning communities.
Many distance courses at UVic are taught entirely on CourseSpaces. But if you are an on-site instructor, you can still use CourseSpaces to
- Build collaborative communities of learning around your subject matter.
- Post resources such as PDFs, audio files, videos, and PowerPoints for your students.
- Have online discussion forums, quizzes, wikis and more.
- Create online assignments and have students upload assignments to you--eliminating paper submissions.
- Communicate with students.
- Grade assignments, provide students with feedback, and manage your gradebook.
Current instructors, staff, and students with a netlink ID and password who are enrolled or associated with a CourseSpaces course can use the LMS.
CourseSpaces can be accessed anytime and anywhere--that's the beauty of it! Use your computer or mobile device day or night.
CourseSpaces course shells can be requested via the UVic portal (for instructors) or via OLSA (for departmental administrative staff). For more information, see how to Request your CourseSpaces shell.