Establishing and maintaining your online presence
"… a sense of presence is 'being there' and 'being together' with online learners throughout the learning experience. It looks and feels as if the instructor has placed the learner at the center of the course development and created the course for that learner. It also looks and feels as if the instructor is accessible to the learners and that the learners are accessible to the instructor and each other, and that the technology is transparent to the learning process." - Lehman, R.M. and Conceição, S.C.O. (2010) Creating a Sense of Presence in Online Teaching. Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, p. 3.
On this page, you’ll find resources that will help you establish and maintain your online classroom presence, and provide your students with fair and effective feedback on activities and assignments.
Resources in PDF
- Establishing & Maintaining Instructor Presence in the Online Classroom
- Enhancing Instructor Presence – Tips from Continuing Studies Instructors
- Providing Meaningful Feedback
- Improving Written Feedback
- How to Provide Fair and Effective Feedback in Asynchronous Courses: 3 Best Practices for Online Teachers
- Managing Your Time in the Online Classroom