University Systems help centre
Changing your preferred email address
Most UVic emails, including emails from instructors, will be sent to your preferred email address. Unless you have specified otherwise, your UVic email address will likely be your preferred email address. Preferred email addresses can be changed through UVic My Page.
Change your preferred email address by following these steps:
- Login to UVic with your NetLink ID and password.
- Click on Personal profile located underneath your name on the left hand side of the screen.
- If you wish to update your preferred email address, click on the Contact information tab and then click on Update email addresses below.
- A list of your email addresses will be displayed. Click on Edit or Delete to update your email address, and be sure to select your Primary (contact) email. If you wish to add a different email address, click on Add email address.
Note: We require at least one email address to be associated with your account. We strongly encourage you to include a non-UVic email address for account verification purposes.
- Add the new email address in the fields provided and if you wish to make it your primary (contact) email address, check the box provided. When you are finished click on Save.
If you experience any difficulties after adding or changing email addresses, try deleting all of the addresses you have listed and adding them again, ensuring that you add your preferred address first. If your preferred email address is not your UVic address, you will be unable to access your UVic email account through MyPage. To access your UVic account online, you will have login to the WebMail system.
Alternatively, you can have your UVic address as your preferred email address and set up mail forwarding to a different address.