Enterprise system maintenance and Java update – November 19th
In order to perform necessary system maintenance on the Banner system, an outage of multiple Enterprise applications is required from Saturday, November 19 from 06:00 to 11:00AM.
The systems affected by this outage include:
- MyPage Self Service (all functionality within the following tabs: Student Services, Employee Service, Development Services)
- any systems that receive a data feed from Banner
Banner users will also require a Java workstation client update to use Banner after this upgrade has been completed. This update can be performed before November 19th. For instruction on updating Java and using Banner before and after November 19th, please see the following information:
- Updating Java for Windows
- Updating Java for Mac OS X
- Accessing Banner prior to November 19, 2011
- Accessing Banner after November 19, 2011
When the new version of Banner launches on November 19th, you will need to update your Java to 1.6.27. Java versions prior to 1.6.18 will not work correctly with Banner following this upgrade. Please note that Java 1.7 is not compatible with Banner. University Systems recommends the use of Java 1.6.27 for Banner users.
- Click to download Java. Depending on your web browser, the file will automatically download or you will be prompted to Run or Save the file.
- If you chose to Run the file, the setup wizard should run automatically. If the file saved to your computer, navigate to where it's located on your computer and double click on the file. Then select Run to start the setup wizard.
- Click Install.
- After a moment or two, you should see a message informing you that you've successfully installed Java.
- Close your web browser.
Apple has released Java for Mac OS X 10.7 Update 1 and Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 6. These updates are available via your Mac's Software Update feature. These versions of Java for Mac OS X are compatible with Banner.
- Open Internet Explorer. When you navigate to Banner, you will be prompted with a security warning asking whether you want to block potentially unsafe components from being run. Click No.
- Open Internet Explorer. When you navigate to Banner, you will be prompted with a security information notice asking if you want to run the application. Ensure the box next to Always trust content from this publisher is checked and click Run.