Summer fee payment

The obligation to pay fees for a course or program is incurred upon registration. It is subject only to adjustments for officially recorded course drops, withdrawal, cancellation of registration or change of status.

How much do I owe?

View your account balances on My page. We do not mail statements of account.

If you are unable to obtain your tuition fee information from My page, please call 250-721-7032 or 1-800-663-5260.

When do I have to pay by?

The balance of fees is due by May 31, 2017. 

Any additional fees resulting from subsequent changes in registration are due by the end of the month in which such changes are made.

Payments must be received by the Accounting Services Office by 4:00 pm on due dates (or preceding work day if the due dates fall on a holiday or weekend).

Please be sure to write your correct student number on the front of all cheques.

How do I pay?

We encourage you to pay through internet banking or telephone banking. You may also mail cheques or money orders payable to the University of Victoria (do not mail cash). The address is:

Accounting Services
University of Victoria
PO Box 3040, STN CSC
Victoria, BC V8W 3N7

You may also pay in person at the tuition counter on the 1st floor of the University Centre, Room 115, Monday - Friday, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm. An acceptance deposit payment is required for certain programs.

What happens if I don't pay on time?

A service charge of 1.5% per month annualized at 19.56% is added to accounts not paid by their due date, at each month end.

Students with overdue tuition or other accounts are subject to denial of services. These services include:

  • re-registration
  • holding of course registration in following term
  • addition of courses through online registration
  • use of libraries
  • access to classes and examinations
  • issue of loans, awards, grades, transcripts, degrees and documents certifying enrolment or registered status.

What are my responsibilities as a student?

  • Students are responsible for ascertaining the courses in which they are registered.

  • Students waitlisted for courses should monitor their registration status with both instructors and the online registration system.

  • Students should drop courses using the registration system and not rely upon instructors to drop them due to non-attendance.

  • Students are also responsible for ascertaining their fees from the calendar and any calendar supplements or from My page. Graduate students are also required to consult Graduate Records about their initial assessments and the effect of subsequent changes in registration.

  • Students who withdraw or otherwise leave the university remain liable for settlement of unpaid accounts. The university may seek to enforce its rights as a creditor through legal action or the use of collection agencies. Legal and collection costs incurred by the university in this process are added to students’ accounts

How do I get my tuition tax receipts (T2202A)?

We issue tuition receipts (T2202A) in February for the preceding year. Get them online from My page.