The Division of Student Affairs
The Division of Student Affairs (STUA) was created in July 2009 with the merging of Student & Ancillary Services and the Office of the Registrar and Enrolment Services. The amalgamation has improved the UVic student experience by creating a more comprehensive and integrated service environment and has also provided more opportunities for staff to collaborate within the unified student support team.
- Together, we transform students' lives.
Our values (Spring 2016 Update)
- Accountability: We accept responsibility for the outcomes of our actions and decisions and those of our team.
- Collaboration: We recognize and commit to working together to create a seamless student experience.
- Community: We foster healthy, reciprocal relationships with the people around us and with the lands on which we live, work and learn.
- Diversity: We acknowledge and support differences and model inclusivity.
- Innovation: We lead in the development of new ideas and approaches to better support our community.
- Respectful Interaction and Communication: We interact professionally and communicate with respect, honesty and openness.
- Recruit, admit and retain a diverse group of exceptionally talented students in support of institutional enrolment goals.
- Create and implement effective (staff, faculty, student) employee performance and development and learning opportunities (across the university).
- Use research and assessment to inform decision making.
- Lead change, renewal and expansion of programs, services and facilities.
See our current key initiatives in support of our strategic priorities.