Child care services at UVic
University of Victoria Child Care Services has been providing safe, quality child care to the UVic community for over 40 years.
In striving for excellence in child care, UVic Child Care Services believes that quality is achieved through:
- recruitment of qualified early childhood educators and school age staff,
- programming that enhances the social, emotional, spiritual, intellectual and physical growth of each child,
- meaningful involvement of families in the child care experience and respectful communication with families,
- the diversity of the community, and
- valuing the collaborative connections with the university.
To ensure a safe environment for children who have life-threatening allergies to peanuts and other types of nuts, all Child Care Services facilities are designated "peanut and nut safe." Children, staff and visitors are asked to bring only meals free of peanuts, nuts, nut butters and oils.