Are you interested in a Security Officer career? Then we would like to hear from you!
The University of Victoria is one of Canada's leading universities and provides innovative programs and real-life learning experiences in a welcoming West Coast environment. UVic ranks consistently among the top comprehensive universities in Canada.
UVIC Campus Security Services is currently seeking highly motivated individuals to work in a professional and culturally diverse environment. Security Officers carry out patrol duties and ensure security standards and regulations are met in order to maintain a safe campus environment.
Qualifications include the ability to work effectively as a member of a team or alone; be able to interpret and apply UVIC policies and procedures; conduct interviews to probe and obtain accurate facts; respond to contentious or sensitive issues with discretion; recognize and demonstrate initiative in dealing with and resolving problems with hostile clients and potentially dangerous situations in a client service oriented environment; communicate clearly verbally and in writing; conduct lengthy patrols of multi storied buildings and extensive grounds via foot, bicycle or vehicle and operate a motor vehicle legally and safely.
Experience in any of the following fields is beneficial:
- Law enforcement
- Firefighting- Ambulance Service
- Search & Rescue
- Mental Health service provider
Sucessful candidates will possess a valid Security Worker Licence prior to their start of employment.
In addition to the above, successful candidates must possess or obtain within 6 months of hire, at their own expense & on their own time an Occupational First Aid Certificate, Level II.
UVIC Security Officer positions enjoy the diversity of 12 hour shifts which are comprised of 2 days/2 nights/4 days off.
2016 CUPE 917 salary rates are:
|First Aid?||Monthly rate||Hourly rate|
Without First Aid
$3577.00 per month (plus shift differential)
$21.94 hourly (plus shift differential)
With First Aid
$3799.00 per month (plus shift differential)
$23.31 hourly (plus shift differential)
SHIFT AND WEEKEND DIFFERENTIAL:
Shift differential will be paid at night shift premium at the following rates:
$1.59 per hour without first aid
$1.69 per hour with first aid
Weekend differential will be paid at the following rates:
$3.22 per hour without first aid
$3.44 per hour with first aid
A comprehensive benefits package is also provided upon successful completion of probation period.
Want to know more?
Read on for detailed information concerning our hiring process…..
Our Security Officer positions utilize a competency based hiring process outlined below:
- Applicant submits an unidentifiable questionnaire (no name – number only) which is scored on various criteria.
- Resumes/applications of selected scored candidates are then obtained.
- Interview is Step 1 of the hiring process. Should you be selected to continue in the process after the interview, you will then be required to participate in Step 2.
- Assessment Centre is Step 2 of the hiring process and includes a panel discussion, in depth interviews & realistic scenarios.
- PARE Physical Fitness Test is Step 3 of the hiring process.
- An eligibility list is created from the successful candidates. When a Security Officer vacancy arises the top candidate(s) proceed with a CVSA (Voice Stress Analysis testing) and then to a personal interview with the Director of CSEC.
- The last step of the process includes providing satisfactory results of:
- Personal & Employment background reference checks
- Criminal Record Check
- Driver’s License Extract
- Eye Examination
Still interested? Contact email@example.com if you would like to be notified via email when a Security Officer vacancy occurs.
Please be advised that by submitting a resume to this site, you are NOT applying for a position at the University.
All positions eligible for application must be posted at the University Human Resource website and all applications for said positions must go through website. Any resumes received through this website are only for the purpose of being notified when an actual posting is created. Thank you for your interest in Campus Security.
The University of Victoria is an equity employer and encourages applications from women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of the University