Prospective undergraduate students
Why choose UVic Science?
We attract the brightest and best minds in the world for good reason. Enhance your classroom experience through extensive experiential opportunities in our state-of-the art labs, by working with industry and government during co-op work terms, by going out on field trips or to sea, participating on our research platforms such as VENUS and NEPTUNE, and/or in international programs at facilities such as CERN and TRIUMF. Learn more reasons why students choose UVic Science.
Being a mid-sized university has many advantages:
- We have state-of-the-art facilities to attract the brightest and best minds in the world.
- Smaller class sizes than many other universities.
- Our sense of community fosters real relationships with your professors and classmates.
- Our positive learning environment has many avenues for support and recognition.
- Diverse, useful and current programs.
- Ties to external research facilities such as NRC’s Herzberg Institute of Astrophysics.
You'll find a full list of campus resources for faculty and staff in the current students, faculty and staff section of the main UVic web site.