Paul Junhyuck Kim, a University of Victoria biochemistry student known for his passion for philanthropy and science, has won one of Canada's most prestigious awards for outstanding leadership.
Congratulations to all the winners of the 2016 President's Distinguished Service Awards.
In an article published in Nature, an international team of scientists co-led by UVic biologist Ben Koop describes how the Atlantic salmon genome has made a full backup copy of itself.
Three members of the University of Victoria’s Faculty of Science have been awarded Craigdorroch Research Awards. These awards recognize outstanding research and creative achievement at the University of Victoria.
The Future of Medicine: From Molecularly Targeted Therapies to Gene Editing Tuesday, March 8 7:00-9:00 pm Engineering and Computer Science Building 125
We're proud to announce the winners of the 2014-15 Faculty of Science Awards.
With one new fellow, one new college member, and two award recipients, UVic scientists will make out pretty well at the Royal Society of Canada’s annual general meeting (AGM) this November.
- Dean's List 2014-15
- Medical revolution in a drop of blood
- Breakthrough prize for UVic physicists
- Parker wins Distinguished Dissertation Award
- Missing the safety net
- UVic research challenges modern tectonic theory
- Cafe Scientifique: Astronomy in bars
- Are humans unsustainable super predators?
- Topology & big data
- Insights into the geological evolution of Canada’s west coast
- UVic Science welcomes Acting Dean Kathryn Gillis
- Ancient earth in a drop of rain
- Nassif Ghoussoub receives honorary degree
- The power of proteins
- A deeper understanding of the universe
- Student's community engagement recognized with national award
- Canada funds significant contribution to the Thirty Meter Telescope
- MPA fails to protect sharks and rays on Cocos Island
- Florin Diacu awarded prestigious JD Crawford Prize