Research centres are organizations made up of a group of faculty members who collaborate on an area of research. This collaboration adds value to their individual research programs.
These on-campus research centres are affiliated with the Faculty of Science.
- CAMTEC: Centre for Advanced Materials and Related Technology
- Centre for Biomedical Research
- Centre for Forest Biology
- IESVic: Institute for Integrated Energy Systems
- Pacific Institute for Climate Solutions
- Population Research Group
- UVic-Genome BC Proteomics Centre
These off-campus research centres are affiliated with the Faculty of Science.
- Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre
- Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences (PIMS)
- Perimeter Institute
Networks of Centres of Excellence
Science faculty participate in these Networks of Centres of Excellence programs, mobilizing Canada's research talent in the academic, private and public sectors.