We offer pretests in order to give students meeting certain criteria the chance to enroll in Math 100, 102, 120, 151, or 161.
You may write pretests for more than one course. Separate registration is required for each pretest you are interested in writing. Advanced registration is required. Registration is unavailable on Aug 25.
All pretests are run at 3:30 until 4:30 in the afternoon. Reminders will be sent to all registered students a day or two before the pretest. The next set of pretests will be run during the first two weeks of September. The dates and locations are as follows:
- Wednesday, September 4, 2013 - in COR B112;
- Thursday, September 5, 2013 - in COR B112;
- Friday, September 6, 2013 - in DTB (formerly SSM) A104;
- Monday, September 9, 2013 - in DTB (formerly SSM) A104;
- Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - in DTB (formerly SSM) A104;
- Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - in COR B112.
If Admissions has not been able to assess equivalence of your high school mathematics prerequisites, you can gain admission to one of the classes above by writing and passing a one-hour pretest. Except as noted below for Math 100, pretests are not available to students whose mathematics prerequisites have been assessed as being less than the required standard.
Please see the pretests page for more information.