Current undergraduate students
- Contact a Biology adviser
- Information about our programs
- Course outlines
- How to register for courses
- Get experience in a research lab
- 1st and 2nd year advising: contact Dr. Francis Choy
- 3rd and 4th year advising: contact Dr. Will Hintz
- Honours advising
- Registration help: contact email@example.com
- General questions: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Students have the opportunity to study Biology at one of the following levels of concentration: General, Minor, Major or Honours. BSc Honours and Major Programs are intended for those planning to become professional biologists. Both require a core of Biology courses, corequisite courses in the other sciences and a selection of upper-level courses suited to the interests of individual students.
- Program requirements for Honours, Major and General programs (B.Sc.)
- Combined Biology and Earth and Ocean Sciences program requirements
- Combined Biology and Psychology program requirements
- Biology Co-op Education program
You'll find a list of current list of courses is available in the UVic Academic Calendar. More information on programs is available in the UVic Academic Calendar. You can purchase UVic Academic Calendar at the UVic Bookstore.
- Course outlines for all biology courses currently offered.
- Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre offers MRNE courses.
If you need an older outline, please contact email@example.com.
The current timetable is available. To register for courses, you must sign in to UVic using your netlink ID and password. Please review the Registration Tutorials. To contact a specific instructor, please refer to the faculty listings page for contact information. NEED HELP REGISTERING? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are different ways to get experience in a research lab as an undergrad student. See the links below for more information on each program.
- NSERC Undergraduate Science Research Award (NSERC-USRA): a research-work term in a research a lab. The deadline to apply for the 2013 NSERC USRA program is Friday, February 1, 2013.
- Faculty of Science Undergraduate Research Award (SURA): a research-work term in a research lab. The deadline to apply for a SURA is Friday, February 15, 2013.
- Workstudy program: gain experience during the Fall and Spring term working in a teaching or research lab.
- Directed Studies: a credit course for senior students working on a project in a research lab. For more information, contact email@example.com.
- Honours program: contact the Biology Honours Adviser.