Current positions available
In the table below you will find our department listings as well as listings outside the department.
September 2015 - April 2016:
The rate of pay for Teaching Assistants will be in accordance with the CUPE 4163 salary schedule for Senior Assistants. Priority will first be given to graduate students enrolled in the department's graduate program, in accordance with the department's Appointment Priority Policy.
Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology Appointment Priority Policy for Specialist Instructional (CUPE 4163) Positions
The Biochemistry and Microbiology Graduate Program normally requires Masters students to complete 3 teaching assistant assignments (a total of 3 lab sections) and PhD students to complete 4 during their undergraduate degree. Specialist Instructional (CUPE 4163) Positions are therefore assigned to graduate students within the Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology as described in the below.
Appointment Priority Policy - Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology
1. Graduate students in the department previously appointed to a bargaining unit position who have not fulfilled the TA component of their program.
2. Graduate students in the department not previously appointed.
3. Graduate students in the department who have fulfilled the TA component of their program.
4. Other qualified graduate students (including those in other departments).
5. Qualified undergraduates.
WORK STUDY PROJECTS, 2014/15 DEPARTMENT OF BIOCHEMISTRY & MICROBIOLOGY
Work Study Positions
All work study positions for 2014/2015 have been filled.
The BC Cancer Agency Deeley Research Centre has two positions open (June 2015):
- Research Intern - suitable for recent graduates looking to move onto grad studies or med school
- Research Assistant
- Research Trainee/Intern - suitable for recent graduates looking to move onto grad studies or med school
CAREX Canada Environmental Exposures Researcher (closes July 4, 2015).
UVic Genome BC Proteomics Centre is avertising for a Post-Doctoral Fellow in the field of Bioinformatics. Please follow this link to view the position description (April 2015).