Facts & figures
- The University of Victoria is ranked #11 globally and first in Canada among universities less than 50 years old by Times Higher Education (THE). It also ranks in THE's elite global list of the top 200 universities, which includes approximately one per cent of the world's best institutions.
- In 2011-12 UVic again received over $100 million in research income.
- UVic's economic contribution to its surrounding communities is approximately $3.2 billion annually, with the biggest influence coming from research ($1.27 billion) and the impact of higher education on salaries.
- UVic has also been lauded as one of Canada's most inventive universities according to a report released by The Impact Group in September 2012.
- UVic holds 36 coveted Canada Research Chairs. Learn more about our CRCs.
- 47 current or former UVic faculty members have been elected fellows of the Royal Society of Canada, the nation's highest academic honour for career achievement. Learn more about UVic’s research awards and honours.
- Visit UVic’s annual review site for highlights stories of discovery, accomplishment and collaboration with our global community that exemplify the UVic vision.
Continued success in external research grant competitions at the national level attests to the importance and high quality of research conducted by UVic faculty and graduate students.
Learn more about our rankings.