BMED research is focused on the behavioural and psychological aspects of physical activity and population health. This laboratory is innovative in that it provides a range of equipment and technology to test new models of physical activity motivation and behaviour, intervention strategies, and health promotion marketing. The research laboratory has a primary focus on physical activity and special populations, including families, youth, and older adults.
- Learn more about our research projects or participating in our studies.
- To learn more about publications resulting from our research, please see Dr. Rhodes' profile.
Dr. Rhodes is interested in the broad topic of exercise psychology. His interests include:
- exercise adherence
- intervention strategies to promote physical activity
- social cognitive theories of exercise behaviour change
- personality and exercise behaviour
- exercise and quality of life outcome research
- exercise among special populations
Please contact us if you're interested in joining our team or collaborating with us on research.