Policies and proceduresAny project carried out by a person connected with the university must conform with university policies concerning research.
The policies on research, external research funding agreements and indirect costs of research were revised significantly in 2009. Please read them in detail.
- RH8100 Research policy
- RH8200 External research funding agreements (and associated procedures)
- FM5400 Indirect costs of research (and associated procedures)
- RH8205 Research grants in lieu of salary policy (and associated procedures)
- RH8210 Research regulation: patent plan
- GV0215 Intellectual property
- HR6310 Post doctoral fellows policy
The post doctoral fellows (PDF) page has information about recruitment and appointment of PDFs.
Please visit the indirect cost of research page for information about the new policy and procedures.
- RH8300 Establishment and review of research centres (and associated procedures)
- GV0705 Appointment and review of research centre directors
- GV0715 Duties and responsibilities of directors of research centres
Please visit the research centres and organizations page for more information on research centres at UVic.
- RH8105 University regulations for research involving humans
- RH8110 University regulations for research involving animals
- SS9200 Occupational health and safety policy
- SS9400 Hazardous materials policy
The regulatory approval page has more information on regulatory requirements.
Researchers should review the following UVic policies:
- FM5100 Signing authority
- GV0210 Conflict of interest and confidentiality policy
- AC1100 Policy for the establishment of endowed and term chairs and professorships
- AC1105 Policy on scholarly integrity
- HR6305 Employment under externally funded grants and contracts
- FM5105 Purchasing Services policy
- FM5110 Policy on strategic alliances
- BP3400 Policy on external bookings of university space
- HR6300 Casual employment of students
- BP3405 Policy on the use of university facilities of academic departments by external organizations or individuals
- HR6325 Determination of employment relationship
- FM5300 Liability insurance
- IM7200 Responsible use of information technology services
- HR6500 Travel and hospitality policy
- Framework agreement