The globe in perspective
Research for a secure, sustainable and equitable world
Housed at the University of Victoria, the Centre for Global Studies was founded in 1998. Building on the University's existing base on interdisciplinary expertise, the CFGS is uniquely poised to bridge academic research and student mentoring with knowledge mobilization and effective community engagement.
The CFGS strives to produce quality and practical research with tangible benefits to both the local community and internationally.
The CFGS has a rich history of producing cutting edge research and disseminating it in concise and accessible ways for both policy makers and the wider community.
The CFGS has launched our weekly lunchtime discussion series.
These discussions are an opportunity to share thoughts with students and faculty about what is happening in the world today. Topics will be picked each week according to current events and whenever possible topics will be linked to other campus events and guest speakers.
To see what we're discussing this week, view the calendar entry.
View our staff, fellow, associate fellow and alumni profiles to find experts on:
- International and comparative politics
- Water policy and ecological governance
- Biocultural diversity and community health
- Constitutional law and dispute resolution
- International law and international relations
- International development
- Social and political thought
- Peacekeeping, peacebuilding and post-conflict reconstruction, and more...