The following links have been hand selected by CCCBE members and meet our standards of excellence.
Co-operative economy organizations and resources
- British Columbia Co-operative Association: One of six autonomous regions affiliated with the national association whose mandate is to promote co-operative enterprise, support its members, and support the broader co-op sector in BC.
- Cooperative Housing Federation of BC: a co-operative association of housing co-ops and associated organizations in mainland British Columbia.
- Canadian Co-operative Association: Canada's umbrella organization of Anglophone co-operatives. Here you will find information on the role of co-operatives and credit unions in Canada and around the world.
- Canadian Co-operatives Secretariat: co-ordinates the interaction between government and the co-operative sector. This site links to upcoming co-op events, publications, and information on starting co-ops (including how to write a business plan).
- Canadian Worker Co-op Federation: works for the development and expansion of business organized according to co-op principles and the principles of worker ownership and control, and promotes the ideals of democracy in the work place.
- Capital Ownership Group: a non-profit network of professionals, business, labour and government leaders and staff, academics and activists on six continents. They work to broaden ownership to deal with the negative effects of globalization.
- International Co-operative Alliance: an international non-governmental organization that unites, represents, and serves co-operatives worldwide. The site includes information on the co-operative movement in different economic sectors.
- International Labour Organization - Co-operative Branch: in existence since the early 1920s, the organization is an excellent source of information on managing co-ops and on different types of co-operatives.
- North American Students of Cooperation: a federation of campus-based housing and retail cooperatives.
Co-operative research centres
- Office for Community-Based Research, University of Victoria: established in 2007, their mission is to create and support inter-disciplinary and multi-sectoral engagement and research to create vibrant, sustainable, and inclusive communities.
- Centre for the Study of Co-operatives, University of Saskatchewan: an interdisciplinary teaching and research institute at the University of Saskatchewan.
- COADY Institute, St Francis Xavier University: studies participatory approaches to development. Located on the campus of St. Francis Xavier University in Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Australian Centre for Co-operative Research and Development: represents credit unions in Australia.
- Centre for Co-operative Studies, University College Cork, Ireland: their aim is to research, study, and educate about co-operatives with a strong focus of support for academics interested in co-operatives. The centre works closely with national and international co-operative bodies.
- Japan Institute of Co-operative Research: formed in 1991, its aim is to establish general strategies of co-operative and non-profit organization movement for renaissance of life, work, and communities.
- Center for Cooperatives, University of Wisconsin: an educational organization established in 1962 to study and promotion of domestic and international cooperative action.
- Research Institute for Co-operation and Co-operates, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- UK Society for Co-operative Studies: an independent voluntary organization, registered as a charity, based in the United Kingdom. It welcomes co-operative members, employees, managers, specialist practitioners, academics, and others who share an interest in the UK and world co-operative movement.
- AMS Bike Co-op, University of British Columbia: student-run bicycle co-op organization located on the UBC campus.
- CCEC Credit Union: a credit union for co-operatives, community businesses, and the non-profit sector.
- Community First Health Co-op: incorporated in 2002 and located in Nelson, BC.
- Vancouver Co-operative Radio: a non-commercial, co-operatively-owned, listener-supported, community radio station. Located in the Downtown Eastside, Co-op Radio is a space and voice for under-represented and marginalized communities.
- Federated Co-operatives Limited: a federation of over 300 retail co-operatives in Western Canada.
- The Co-operators: a group of Canadian companies specializing in insurance.
- Central 1 Credit Union: an umbrella organization of credit unions that works to further credit union growth and strength through the provision of core financial and trade association services.
- Hensel District Co-operative: in business since 1937, the co-op emphasizes the importance of local control of a high-volume agri-business.
There are currently no international links for this category. Please check back soon.