Get involved

Prospective students

Undergraduate studies: In the past, CARBC undergrads have written Honours theses, done directed readings, or received Jamie Cassels Undergraduate Research Awards (JCURA). If you are interested in doing undergrad work with us, you will need to have a supervisor who is a CARBC Director or Scientist. See our Scientists page for a list of our scientists, their research areas and contact information.

Graduate studies: Many of our graduate students are from the interdisciplinary Social Dimensions of Health (SDH) Program, but we have also had graduates from the Psychology, Sociology, Geography and Nursing faculties, as well as many other departments, schools and programs on campus. If you think your area of research would be a good fit with CARBC’s work, please see our Scientists page to connect with a potential supervisor from the Centre.

Study participants

We collect data for our high-risk populations surveys in two waves per year: from January-April and September-December. Participants can complete the survey once per wave for a total of twice per year. Surveys generally take about an hour, are conducted in-person, and participants are compensated for their time. Each survey has specific eligibilty criteria.

Street-involved adults: Study recruitment takes place at various social agencies in downtown Victoria. For more information, contact our .