Poster and Banner approvals
To maintain reasonable access to campus poster/notice boards for university community members, all posters and notices must be approved for posting and comply with UVic poster board regulations. The Community Notice Boards are regularly monitored and maintained by students hired for this purpose.
Posters & Banner can be approved at the Photo ID & Information Centre as well as U.V.S.S. Information Booth located in the Student Union Building. A UVic department can provide the ID Centre with this distribution form and posters will be distributed by our staff for a $25.00 flat fee. Posters are only allowed to be displayed on Campus Community Notice Boards and will be removed from all other locations.
Guidelines are as follows:
POSTERS CAN NOT:
- Can not be posted on ANY painted, cement, or glass surfaces either inside or outside any building
- Can not be posted (outside) on the bus terminals and/or poles
- Can not be attached by any manner which will cause damage to the notice board
- Can not be posted on Departmental boards
- Can not breach any Municipal, Provincial or Federal law
- Must be put up using staples or tacks only (no tape)
- Must be - one poster per board
- Must be posted on community general notice boards only (not on walls or poles or external)
- Most boards are located on the 1st floor of teh following buildings: brackets below reflect the number of boards per building
The links below are an over view of the UVic Poster/Banner Policy. Please refer to policy for information on U.V.S.S. student election posters/banners.