Send texts to 250-514-7085
Texts are monitored Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (excluding holidays). If you text us outside of those hours or on a weekend, you'll receive an automated response to try contacting us in another way.
What kinds of questions can I ask?
Texting is great for those questions which need quick, immediate answers:
- Where is... the Music & Media Library, the New York Times for 1851, the FC call numbers?
- What is... Ulrich's Directory, the correct spelling of 'freudenschade', the URL of the Oxford English Dictionary?
- How do I... book a study room, recall a book, print single-sided?
- Who... is the History Librarian, do I call about fines, wrote War and Peace?
- When... does the library close tonight, do exams begin, was the Canadian Pacific Railway begun?
If your question requires an in-depth response, we will email you a response, or direct you to the research help desk for in-person support.
What is the cost?
Our service is free. Standard text/sms charges from your service provider may apply.