Support for teaching assistants (TAs) and grad students
Whether you're a new or an experienced TA, we will help you achieve your professional development goals.
- The TA training program promotes your skills development, including bi-annual conferences and ongoing workshops.
- An in-department mentor (TAC) can answer your questions about your role as a TA.
- Support for international TAs helps to familiarize you with the Canadian classroom and Canadian culture.
- The Learning and Teaching in Higher Education (LATHE) certificate program prepares you to teach effectively in higher education and to compete in the academic job market.
Whether you've hit the thesis wall or want to develop your academic communication skills, our academic support services and programs can help.
- The Centre for Academic Communication (the CAC, formerly The Writing Centre) can answer your questions on academic integrity and classroom expectations.
- One-on-one coaching from experienced writing tutors to help you plan out your thesis/dissertation writing and revision.
- Support for international graduate students, including help understanding North American academic expectations.
- Workshops on teaching dossier development and teaching skills.
- Teaching assistant support.